The Colorado Pet Pantry is doing a mini film festival during our virtual Bow Wow Film Fest on May 16 and we need your help!
Send us your pet challenge videos to be considered! Deadline is 11:59 PM on Wednesday May 6. This is the #perfectquarantineactivity.
We have shared some examples of challenges we have seen, with videos on how to’s. Dig deep in your imagination and video your pets doing something fun! (all pets, not just the dogs!)
To submit your video:
Send us a video of your pet doing a trick, being silly, putting its nose through a paper O, whatever!
There are three steps to submit your video for consideration:
- Record a video of less than 30 seconds of your pet. We may trim or edit the video if needed.
- Upload your video here (submission window has closed)
- Email us and let us know your name, email address, phone (just in case email doesn’t work), filename of video, and your pet’s name.
Please remember that when sending videos, we ask that you limit the time to no more than 30 seconds to ensure that we can get as many in as possible.
CPP reserves the right to trim and edit your video.
Here are some ideas to get the creative juices flowing:
- Tip Toe Challenge
- Put your pet’s reflexes to the test and see how well they can tippy toe about in an agility test. Set up a number of items from your house such as lotion bottles, dominoes, small spray cans etc and see if your pet can get across.
- Egg Challange
- Give your pet a RAW EGG and see just how gentle they can be. It sounds messy, but surprisingly many dogs have been able to show us just how gentle they can be!
- Snout Challenge
- Form a circle, heart, or other shape with your hands and see if your pet will nuzzle their muzzle into the formation.
- What the fluff
- See how your pet reacts to an amateur disappearing act. Use a blanket and a doorway. Start by playing peek-a-boo then disappear by going into the next room at the same time that you toss the blanket on the floor making it seem like you have vanished.
- Cookie Stack
- Great for very patient treat lovers! See how many cookies you are able to stack on your pets snout without dropping any!
- K9 Ninja Warrior
- Set up your own obstacle course and put your pet to the test!
- Dance Party
- Show us your moves with a choreographed dance party with your furry friend, or a dance party to the song of your choosing. (animal songs encouraged)
- Hide and
seek / Peek a boo
- Plant yourself in a spot out of sight from your pets and call them to try and find you.
- Hurdle Challenge
- Stack up a hurdle and see how high your pet can go! Progress into higher and higher levels as you go along.
- Copy Cats
- They say imitation is the best form of flattery. Show us your furry friends challenging you to a game of copy cat.
- “Who did that?”
- One of the best qualities in a best friend is honesty. This challenge is just that. Show us your furry friends confession to their latest mishap.
- Invisible wall
- Stretch a bunch of cellophane across an open door, get a dog hyped up enough to chase you, seeing how long it takes them to get past the invisible wall.
- Best in Show
- Show us any special skills or tricks or just silly habits that your pets have, be it the best smile, sing along’s, you name it, we want to see it!
- Quarantined Owners Use Cardboard Boxes To Turn Their Pets Into Dinosaurs
If there is a challenge that you know of that we don’t, submit those too we would love to see them!