We are volunteer-run and need people to help staff pet food banks, fundraise, represent us at events, pick up pet food from pet food store donors, host fundraising and outreach events, grow our partnerships, and more. In 2015, volunteers donated more than 1900 hours!
During 2016, we are planning to open up several more new pet food bank locations and will be looking for Lead Volunteers.
- Food Bank Volunteer – Requires 3 hours per month (sign up whenever works best for you). See the opportunities here
- Event Staff – Help us on the day of the event. See the opportunities here
- Food Bank “Lead Volunteer” – Run a pet food bank location (monthly). Requires 7 hours per month and large vehicle (SUV or truck). More info here.
- Pet Food Pickup – Weekly communication with partner stores in your neighborhood or on your daily path to work, and transport from partner stores to our warehouse. Please fill out form below with your interest.
- Volunteer Manager – Manage and train volunteers, solve volunteer shortages (often the day or day before a pet food bank, so this requires some weekday flexibility). Please fill out form below with your interest.
- Marketing – Marketing and writing background required. Please fill out form below with your interest.
- Planning – Help us plan fun events! Please fill out form below with your interest.
Featured Volunteer Role
Pet Food Bank Lead Volunteer – In 2016 we plan to grow to eight monthly pet food banks (we currently hold five monthly food banks). This will allow us to help many more pets and families in different areas between Denver and Boulder. To expand, we need more volunteers who can:
- Commit to about seven hours per month, typically during weekdays. We request that you commit to being the lead volunteer for 80% of the next year’s pet food banks at a location. We say “80%” to allow for vacations, sick days, etc.
- Lift 30+ lb.-bags of pet food
- Have a large vehicle, such as an SUV or covered truck
- Meet insurance requirements. For everyone’s safety and protection, our insurance requires that you have a minimum $100,000/$300,000 Bodily Injury Liability and $50,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Allow us to perform a background check. We are required to run a background check on all “drivers” which is a primary function for Lead Volunteers.
- We’ll train you to run the pet food bank and you’ll always have support.
If you’re interested in learning more about becoming a lead volunteer for a pet food bank, please fill out form below.