We need people to help staff pet food banks, help in the warehouse, fundraise, represent us at events, pick up pet food from pet food store donors, host fundraising and outreach events, grow our partnerships, and more.
Follow our Volunteer Needs on Facebook:
- Western Slope
- We are always in need of more volunteers on the Western Slope! We need volunteers in Grand Junction, Durango, Cortez, Montrose, Glenwood Springs, Parachute, and Mancos, and will need volunteers in other areas soon. If you’re interested, please let us know!
- Grand Junction –
- Pet Food Bank Volunteers: Requires 3 hours per month (sign up whenever works best for you). See the opportunities here
- Donation Pickup Volunteers: Weekly communication with partner stores in your neighborhood or on your daily path to work, and transport from partner stores to our warehouse. Please fill out form below with your interest.
- We will also need volunteers to help unload pet food and keep the storage unit organized. Please let us know if you’re interested.
- Lead Pet Food Bank Volunteer: Run a pet food bank location (monthly). Requires 7 hours per month and large vehicle (SUV or truck). More info here.
- Food Bank Volunteer – Requires 3 hours per month (sign up whenever works best for you). See the opportunities here
- Food Bank “Lead Volunteer” – Run a pet food bank location (monthly). Requires 7 hours per month and large vehicle (SUV or truck). More info here.
- Pet Food Pickup – Weekly communication with partner stores in your neighborhood or on your daily path to work, and transport from partner stores to our warehouse. About 2-6 hours a month. Please fill out form below with your interest.
- Warehouse Sorters– Help us sort donations at the warehouse in Englewood. Lifting up to 30 lbs. is typical, but we can work within many physical needs. 2-20 hours a month (completely flexible around your time availability).
- Warehouse Pet Food Bank “Pallet Builders” – Help put together the pet food that will go to a pet food bank, working from a packing list. This is done at the warehouse in Englewood. Lifting up to 30 lbs. is required. 3 hours a month (this role can be accomplished on your schedule, as long as you can come in once a month).
- Event Staff – Help us on the day of the event. (These won’t exist until summer 2021 most likely) See the opportunities here
- Event Planning – Help us plan fun events! Please fill out form below with your interest.
Featured Volunteer Role
- Commit to about seven hours per month (Grand Junction may be 10 hours until we grow the team), typically during weekdays. We request that you commit to being the lead volunteer for 80% of the next year’s pet food banks at a location. We say “80%” to allow for vacations, sick days, etc.
- Lift 30+ lb.-bags of pet food
- Have a large vehicle, such as an SUV or covered truck
- Meet insurance requirements. For everyone’s safety and protection, our insurance requires that you have a minimum $100,000/$300,000 Bodily Injury Liability and $50,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Allow us to perform a background check. We are required to run a background check on all “drivers” which is a primary function for Lead Volunteers.
- We’ll train you to run the pet food bank and you’ll always have support.
If you’re interested in learning more about becoming a lead volunteer for a pet food bank, please fill out form below.