Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Colorado Pet Pantry! We need people to help staff pet food banks, help in the warehouse, fundraise, represent us at events, pick up pet food from pet food store donors, host fundraising and outreach events, grow our partnerships, and more.
Follow our Volunteer Needs on Facebook:
- Pet Food Bank Volunteers: Requires 3-4 hours per shift (sign up whenever works best for you). This role is a prerequisite to becoming a Lead Volunteer at a pet food bank. See the opportunities here
- Warehouse Sorters– Help us sort donations at the warehouse in Englewood. Lifting up to 30 lbs. is typical, but we can work within many physical needs. 3-20 hours a month (completely flexible around your time availability). This role is a prerequisite to becoming a pet food donation pickup volunteer or pallet builder (prepping food for pet food banks). See the opportunities here
- Event Staff – Help us on the day of the event. See the opportunities here
- Event Planning – Help us plan fun events! Email us
- Marketing, Fundraising, Silent Auction Committee, and other Admin Volunteers Email us
Featured Volunteer Role
- Please volunteer several times at a Pet Food Bank first to determine your interest.
- Commit to about seven hours per month. We request that you commit to being the lead volunteer for 80% of the next year’s pet food banks at a location. We say “80%” to allow for vacations, sick days, etc.
- Lift 30+ lb.-bags of pet food
- Have a large vehicle, such as an SUV or covered truck
- Meet insurance requirements. For everyone’s safety and protection, our insurance requires that you have a minimum $100,000/$300,000 Bodily Injury Liability and $50,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Allow us to perform a background check. We are required to run a background check on all “drivers” which is a primary function for Lead Volunteers.
- We’ll train you to run the pet food bank and you’ll always have support.