The Colorado Pet Pantry operates a total of 22 pet food banks. We hold 11 monthly “open to the public” pet food banks between Longmont and Ordway (east of Pueblo) with a concentration of pet food banks in the Denver and Boulder-metro areas. We also hold eight “mini” pet food banks where we work with other nonprofit groups that assist low-income households. Because those are not open to the public, they are not listed below.
We partner and distribute directly out of “human” food banks because:
- They have an established relationship with the neighborhood.
- We want all families in a neighborhood to have the resources to consistently feed their pets, keeping them out of shelters.
- We can leverage their administrative processes and their buildings.
- The availability of pet food helps to ensure that the already limited “human” food is reserved for the humans and pets receive balanced meals.
Clients of partner “human” food banks are eligible to receive pet food from the Colorado Pet Pantry every two months. Please click the link below for the partner food bank to learn their policies and to get directions.
The schedule below shows our “typical” day of the month at the partner food bank, but there are exceptions. To see the most accurate monthly calendar, please go to our Pet Food Banks Calendar.
If you need emergency pet food to tide you over until the next monthly pet food bank, please fill out this form. We work with area partners to make this program possible.
Open-to-the-Public Pet Food Banks
- SECOR, Parker, 16965 Pine Ln #100, Parker, CO 80134
First Wednesday of the month, 9 – 11 AM*
- Mountain Resource Center, 11030 Kitty Drive, Conifer
First Wednesday of the month, 11 AM – 1 PM
- Bienvenidos Food Bank, 3810 Pecos Street, Denver
First Thursday of the month, 10:30 AM – 12 PM*
Denver Inner City Parish, 1212 Mariposa Street, Denver
Second Wednesday of the month, 9:30 – 11 AM*
- Sister Carmen, 655 Aspen Ridge Drive, Lafayette
Second Thursday of the month, 9:30 – 11 AM*
- Our Center, 220 Collyer St, Longmont
Third Tuesday of the month, 9 – 11 AM*
- Community Ministry, 1755 S. Zuni, Denver
Third Thursday of the month, 10 – 11:30 AM*
- Connections 4 Life, 6436 US-85, Fountain (Colorado Springs)
Third Thursday of the month, 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM*
- Jewish Family Service, 3201 South Tamarac Drive, Denver
Third Friday of the month, 10 – 11:30 AM*
- Emergency Family Assistance Assoc. (EFAA), 1575 Yarmouth Ave, Boulder
Fourth Thursday of the month, 3 – 5 PM* (in the Winter, we will close at 4:30)
- River of Life “Big Blue”, 208 Colorado Ave, Ordway
Last Monday of the month, 3 – 4:30 PM*
*Exceptions do occur. View calendar
Mini Pet Food Banks
We also provide pet food to these locations which distribute the pet food to their clients. These are not open to the public and clients must be members of the partners agency to receive pet food:
- Harvest of Hope, 2960 Valmont Rd., Boulder
- Denver Metro Ministries, 2707 West Mississipi Ave, Denver
- Evergreen Christian Outreach, 27640 CO-74, Evergreen
- LEAF, 350 Main St., Lyons
- Nederland Food Pantry, 750 West Highway 72 – West Wing, Nederland
- Peace, Love, and Paws, St. Barnabus Episcopal Church, 1280 Vine St., Denver
- Aurora Housing Authority (limited to people in Housing)
- Bluff Lake (limited to people in Housing)
- Community College of Denver (limited to people at CCD, Aurora, Vet Tech Dept)
- Mercy Housing (limited to people in Franconia, Housing)
- Rocky Mountain Communities (limited to people in Housing)