The Colorado Pet Pantry operates a total of 40 pet food banks. We hold 18 monthly “open to the public” pet food banks from Loveland to Ordway (East of Pueblo) with a concentration of pet food banks in the Denver and Boulder-metro areas. We also hold 22 “mini” pet food banks where we work with other nonprofit groups that assist low-income households.
Our pet food banks are closed if the local school district is closed due to weather. We will update the calendar for the rescheduled pet food bank.
We partner and distribute directly out of “human” food banks because:
- They have an established relationship with the neighborhood.
- We want all families in a neighborhood to have the resources to consistently feed their pets, keeping them out of shelters.
- We can leverage their administrative processes and their buildings.
- The availability of pet food helps to ensure that the already limited “human” food is reserved for the humans and pets receive balanced meals.
Clients of the pet food bank are eligible to receive pet food from the Colorado Pet Pantry every two months. Clients will be asked to fill out a registration form and agree to this statement “I understand that supplemental pet food is provided for my existing family pets only. New pets added after registration will not be served. Supplemental pet food is not intended to cover 100% of needs, clients are eligible every other month. I hereby agree to forever release Colorado Pet Pantry from any and all liabilities in any way related to, or arising from, participation in the pet food bank.”
If the client is interested in getting human food and is not a member of the HUMAN food bank, please click the link below for the partner HUMAN food bank to learn their policies and to get directions. Clients can bypass the human food bank to get pet from from the Colorado Pet Pantry at the “Open to the Public” locations.
The schedule below shows our “typical” day of the month at the partner food bank, but there are exceptions. To see the most accurate monthly calendar, please go to our Pet Food Banks Calendar.
If you need emergency pet food to tide you over until the next monthly pet food bank, please fill out this form. We work with area partners to make this program possible.
- SECOR, Parker, 16965 Pine Ln #100, Parker, CO 80134
First Wednesday of the month, 9 AM – 11 AM*
- Mountain Resource Center, 11030 Kitty Drive, Conifer
First Wednesday of the month, 11 AM – 1 PM
- Bienvenidos Food Bank, 3810 Pecos Street, Denver
First Thursday of the month, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM*
Denver Inner City Parish, 1212 Mariposa Street, Denver
Second Wednesday of the month, 9:30 AM – 11 AM*
- Aurora Interfaith Community Services, 1553 Clinton St, Aurora
Second Wednesday of the month, 12 PM – 1:30 PM*
- Sister Carmen, 655 Aspen Ridge Drive, Lafayette
Second Thursday of the month, 9:30 AM – 11 AM*
- Ecumenical Social Ministries, 201 N Weber Street, Colorado Springs
Third Monday of the month, 12:30 PM -3 PM*
- Our Center, 220 Collyer St, Longmont
Third Tuesday of the month, 9 AM – 11 AM*
- Community Ministry, 1755 S. Zuni, Denver
Third Thursday of the month, 1 PM – 2:30 PM* (NEW TIME)
- Connections 4 Life, 6436 US-85, Fountain (Colorado Springs)
Third Thursday of the month, 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM*
- Jewish Family Service, 3201 South Tamarac Drive, Denver
Third Friday of the month, 10 AM – 11:30 AM*
- The Action Center, 8745 W 14th Ave, Lakewood
Fourth Monday of the month, 10 AM – 12 PM*
- Emergency Family Assistance Assoc. (EFAA), 1575 Yarmouth Ave, Boulder
Fourth Thursday of the month, 3 PM – 5 PM* (Nov-March, we are open 2:30-4:30)
- Food Bank for Larimer County, 2600 N Lincoln Ave, Loveland
Fourth Saturday of the month, 11 AM – 1 PM*
- Colorado City Rec Center (Sangre de Cristo Volunteers for Community), 5000 Cuerno Verde Blvd, Colorado City
Fourth Saturday of the month, 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM*
- La Puente’s Food Bank, 513 6th Street, Alamosa
Last Monday of the month, 12 PM – 2 PM*
- River of Life “Big Blue”, 208 Colorado Ave, Ordway
Last Monday of the month, 3 PM – 4:30 PM*
- Lynn Gardens Baptist Church Food Bank, 3804 Pueblo Blvd, Pueblo
Last Thursday of the month, 11 AM – 1 PM*
Coming Soon – Open to the Public Locations:
- Grand Junction/Palisade
*Exceptions do occur. View calendar
Mini Pet Food Banks
We also provide pet food to these locations which distribute the pet food to their clients. These are not open to the public and clients must be members of the partners agency to receive pet food:
- Harvest of Hope, 2960 Valmont Rd., Boulder
- Denver Metro Ministries, 2707 West Mississipi Ave, Denver
- Evergreen Christian Outreach, 27640 CO-74, Evergreen
- LEAF, 350 Main St., Lyons
- Community Cupboard Food Bank, the Old Gallery, 14863 Hwy 7 (Peak to Peak Highway), Allenspark, CO
- Nederland Food Pantry, 750 West Highway 72 – West Wing, Nederland
- Peace, Love, and Paws, St. Barnabus Episcopal Church, 1280 Vine St., Denver
- Harvest Bible Church, 826 S Elbert St, Elizabeth
- Town of Ward, Ward
- Tri-Lakes Cares, 235 Jefferson St # B, Monument
- Silver Key Senior Services, 1625 S. Murray Blvd, Colorado Springs
- Colorado Coalition for the Homeless, 2111 Champa St, Denver
- Coal Creek Meals on Wheels (limited to clients within the program)
- Aurora Housing Authority (limited to people in Housing)
- Community College of Denver (limited to people at CCD, Aurora, Vet Tech Dept)
- Mercy Housing (limited to people in Franconia, Housing)
- Mercy Housing (limited to people in Bluff Lake, Housing)
- Mercy Housing (limited to people in Argonaut, Housing)
- Mercy Housing (limited to people in St. Francis, Housing)
- West Metro Housing Solutions (limited to residents)
- Senior Hub, 9025 Grant Street, Suite 150, Thornton
- Laurel Gardens, VOA, 3140 Mallard Dr, Colorado Springs