In 2021, we continued the trajectory of exponential growth. We served upwards of over 100,000 pets for an entire month, at over 100 monthly pet food banks across the state. We distributed over 1 million pounds of dry pet food, and 400,000 cans of wet food, to over 32,000 families across Colorado. This equates to 6 million meals for dogs and cats for an entire month. All we can say is WOW!
We realize this type of growth is not sustainable, long term, unless we fulfill our goal for 2022: Stabilize. We are committed to developing strong local partnerships and community bonds this year.
We need more volunteers, donation drop off partner stores, large pet food donors, fiscal sponsors, and animal welfare colleagues willing to work with us across all our new monthly pet food bank locations to make this program permanent.
We are so happy to be serving a much larger population, and we will do all we can to keep our commitment to them.
How can you help?
There are several ways to become an active part of Colorado Pet Pantry.
- Become a donor – donating to Colorado Pet Pantry is easy, and thanks to our pet food partners, we can take just $5 and stretch it to feed one pet for an entire month.
- Volunteer at a local pet food bank or fundraising event.
- If you are in the Denver area, we invite you to join our Warehouse Volunteer Group and help us prepare pet food pallets for our upcoming pet food banks.
- Know a pet food and supply store or local veterinary office that you think would house a donation bin for us? Email us at email@example.com to find out how you can help facilitate this connection!
- Start a pet food drive. Many of our food donations come from corporate or private pet food drives. Learn how to host your own pet food drive.